Case Study: Safety System Replacement
The assignment: Safety System Replacement
The manufacturer of the safety system obsoleted the safety processor, IO and safety bus system. The customer, supported by Leadec, developed a more robust and supportable safety system utilizing current state of the art safety products.
Modify during shutdowns and weekends to minimize production interruptions.
Leadec equipment installations
- 28 Guardlogix processors
- 28 Startic S700 Ethernet switches
- All new AB safety rated inputs/outputs
- Cable tray and panel modifications
Leadec was responsible for:
- Providing new safety layout
- Removing existing hardware
- Pre-programming and installing new IO
- Modified drawing and redesigned network communications
Want to learn more? Contact us